Are you a gadget guy or gal?
I realized the other night that I'm really a gadget guy. How can you tell if you're a gadget guy (or gal)? If you can answer "yes" to at least 7 of these, then you probably are:
- You make a weekly trip to Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, or Radio Shack. You often buy things from these stores that you don't need.
- You buy magazines that show off new gadgets, software, or hardware.
- You think the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas would be a nice vacation.
- People have called you "a nerd."
- You can talk for hours with other people about computer stuff, cell phones, PDAs, the web, or other technology.
- You can answer within 1/2 of a second how fast your computer's processor runs.
- You can tell someone which operating system you are running (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OSX, etc.)
- You like to look at other people's cell phones and "try them out."
- You have used the word "server" in everyday conversations.
- You think Mr. Spock is "pretty cool."
- Bonus points: You work in the tech industry.
- Bonus points: If you have kids, you look for ways to buy gadgets for them that are really for you. (For example: Robosapian.)
Whether being a gadget guy or gal is a good thing remains to be seen.